Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Unforgiven ...

I had a friend....I loved her, everybody loved her and she loved us all...then somewhere, things went wrong...she needed us...we weren't there...instead we hurt her worse...she kept quiet...she just went numb as I could see...

we never got back that warmth...

then somewhere along the way, she lost her son...we were all there...but I could hardly see a handful concerned...she kept quiet...she went more numb as I could see...but she smiled...she smiled at us all...(yes, she laughed at us all)...but she knew when to say "stay away" to us...we couldn't figure out how she could not need us anymore...at least I couldn't...

she moved to a city close to mine...we promised to meet each other and after a lot of such plans that never took shape, we actually did...I met her...we hugged...we talked..we had fun but I could see she'd not let

me cross a certain line...I didn't say anything...we had a lovely day...we never met after that...

I asked myself what could have possibly gone wrong...I got my answer...we never gave her love when she wanted it...we were there to hurt her...more...we made her numb and yet we wanted her to come up to us and be apologetic for something we all began...and then I knew it's too late...the girl had learnt her lessons...

she doesn't need anything, anyone, anymore...I knew it was too late...and WE were all responsible!

---

All things bright and Biprorshee

No comments: