Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Anaesthesia

Layers!
One above the other.
Stacking it all up.
Very heavy within!

And it lessens the load.
Trust me, it does.
You forget the pain
that is at the bottom of the pile.
What is on top does not matter,
as yet!

By the time it does,
it too shall have
a heavy load to bear.

My fine remedy.
Guess even pain
can't stand pain.

Only fair then
that I can't bear
myself!

Imaginary foes
help me live.
I talk to them
in my head.
Imaginary foes
help me hurt.

Press.
Harder!
You'll know what I'm talking about.

Squeeze.
Watch it flow.
Paint all crimson.
Eyes, skin, soul, the works.

Lose consciousness.
Fall.
Sleep.
There shall soon be no pain.
Anymore!
And you and I shall sleepwalk.


---
All things painful and Biprorshee

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No words can ever describe the intensity and depth of this pain... and yet, in a way, the poet in you, did.

Biprorshee said...

You're far too kind, Nisha. :)