Monday, March 07, 2011

Welcome Freddy!

Since when did I begin to deal with nightmares?
Not my area of expertise, I always thought.
It was yours;
as you told me how you couldn't sleep;
as you told me how you couldn't dare.
When did I begin to show such courage?

It was ok, I think, when I was an insomniac.
I slept so little; I confused scary dreams.
I slept so little; the alarms broke.

Now, I sleep early.
I think of healthy habits.
And I dream of the worst addictions.
I wake screaming
or maybe wanting to scream.
I have no voice to shout.
I could cry but not out loud.
I would still call it
'To wake up screaming'.

And there's no one around.
Drenched in sweat and there's no one around.
Just black. Just dark. Just a buzz.
You know what I am talking about?
Did this happen to you?
Spooked...Screamed...Black?
Spooked...Screamed...Black!

I was better off not sleeping.
I was better off unhealthy.
I am not healthy.
I am scared.
I don't want to
sleep.


---
All fear awake and Biprorshee

No comments: