Sunday, December 05, 2010

As you sang...

I heard the song yesterday. Again. Again after a long, long time. It was lying right where we left it last. No cobwebs though; it is just the daisy we knew it as.

I heard the song. I heard you. I saw you. I saw us. I lived us. I lived me sitting next to you. I lived you running your fingers through my hair as you sang. I was the better singer, I always said. You were the better music, I always knew.

You sang with all your love. You sang with all your innocence. You sang to me. The words assured I must not go looking for you because you were right here with me. You sang it like you meant it. You sang it because you meant it.

The words were true. The promise still strong. I heard the song yesterday, you were right there and I stopped searching. I stopped waiting. The music never died and we were Lazarus once more.

I heard the song yesterday. Again. Again, after a long time. It is right where it always was. It remains. You are there too but you are not.


---
All things sing for Biprorshee

No comments: