Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Good Student

My God, I learn!
Very slowly but I try.
Very slowly but I do.

This change of air;
stranger land, different faces
welcome,
smile,
accept,
don't accept,
ignore,
teach.

Teach resilience.
Teach patience.
Teach pain.
Teach strength.
Teach life.

Stranger land, you'll never be mine.
Stranger land, I can touch you.
Stranger land, I can't hold.
Stranger land, I can't make love to you.
Stranger land, I can admire.
Stranger land, little you speak.
Stranger land, lot you say.

Slap me across the face
and kiss my black lips.
Bitter lessons are made
of these.
Sweet dreams are too.

Home shall come
in due course of time.
I shall be banished
to the warmth of mother.
With a vinegar tongue
I shall talk
of a mistress I have,
of a mistress I don't,
of a mistress I show off!

But I shall learn a bit more.
Some strength
I will fake.
The strength
that later will take shape too.

My God, I learn.
My God, I love
what is not mine,
what will never be,
what still shall seduce,
and vanish like a mirage.


---
All things teach Biprorshee

No comments: